So, you’ve got company coming over and need a fast yummy meal that’s super delish.
This one dish chicken recipe is creamy, flavorful, and very adaptable to items you most likely have in your kitchen.
Easy Company Chicken Casserole With Wine Sauce
Why We Love Chicken Casserole
It is the ultimate comfort food and an easy dinner recipe that is also a make-ahead meal that can easily be heated up.
With just 4 basic ingredients and some seasonings, this delicious chicken casserole recipe is one of those kinds of dishes that is great for potluck dinners, family dinners, busy weeknights, and holiday gatherings. This is a favorite in our house when it comes to chicken dinners!
The prep time is literally 5 minutes!
If you’re looking for an easy beef casserole try this great one: 5-Ingredient Ground Beef Casserole
Glazed carrots, roasted green beans, and Brussels Sprouts are great sides to serve with this dish!
The company chicken casserole recipe should serve 6 to 8 people but trust me when I tell you that most will go back for seconds. So you may want to make 2 casseroles for a delicious dinner if you’re feeding a hungry crowd.
You can also cut this great recipe in half which is a perfect size dish for 3 to 4 people with no leftovers!
I made the recipe for the three of us for tonight’s dinner, using an 8×8-inch casserole dish.That is the photo above.
The Ingredients For This Easy Chicken Casserole
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Herb seasoned stuffing crumbs
- Cream of chicken soup
- Swiss cheese
- White wine
- Melted butter
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Italian seasoning
- Black pepper
- Dry parsley (optional)
Four Basic Tools
- Large casserole dish for a crowd or a medium baking dish
- Large bowl
- Aluminum foil
- Wire whisk (a fork will work)
Don’t have the exact ingredients and no time to run to the grocery store? No worries! The best part of this recipe is that it is so adaptable.
- Swap white wine with chicken broth.
- Replace cream of chicken soup with cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery.
- Use leftover rotisserie chicken (the baking time would be cut to 20 minutes since the chicken is already cooked).
- You can use cheddar cheese in place of Swiss cheese.
- No stuffing mix in the pantry? Use bread crumbs or ritz crackers (kid’s favorite).
How To Make Easy Company Chicken Casserole With Wine Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix soup, seasonings, and wine in a bowl.
- Whisk until throughly blended.
- Place chicken breasts in casserole or baking dish. (I like to cut the chicken breast into smaller pieces. I find it to be the best way to serve this dish. If I have chicken tenders in the house, I often use them).
- Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- Cover with cheese.
- Top with dry crumb mix.
- Drizzle melted butter over top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake (if you are using cooked chicken, do not cover while baking).
Baking time can vary depending on your chicken.
- Full size uncooked chicken breasts: The cooking time is approximately 60 minutes.
- Smaller and thinner pieces of uncooked chicken: The cooking time is approximately 45 minutes.
- If you are using rotisserie chicken or leftover shredded chicken. The cooking time is approximately 20 minutes.
- Just make sure that the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Casserole?
A casserole is a one-pan dish usually cooked in the oven. Casserole is from a French word meaning “sauce-pan”.
Most Americans associate the word casserole to dinners that are good old fashioned comfort food.
What Is The Standard Size Of A Casserole Dish?
A 9×13-inch rectangular casserole dish is the most versatile and usually is the size used in recipes that serve 6 to 8 people. There are smaller sizes, 8×8-inch and 9×9-inch that are great for recipes that yield smaller servings.
Can Company Chicken Casserole Be Frozen?
Yes, company chicken casserole can be frozen. To do so, follow the instructions up until adding the stuffing and melted butter on top. Store with an air-tight lid in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then bring it to room temperature for 30 minutes.
Add the stuffing and melted butter. Bake following the instructions.
Do You Love Casseroles? Then you have to try some of my favorites!
Looking For Easy Appetizers? Try These Delicious Snacks
- Pigs In A Blanket With Mustard Whiskey Sauce
- Easy Cheesy Italian Meatball Sliders
- Delicious Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed With Almonds
- 4 large chicken breasts cut in half or strips
- 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 6 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup of white wine (chicken broth can be substituted)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups herb-flavored stuffing crumbs
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Arrange chicken in a greased casserole or baking dish.
- Mix soup, seasonings, and wine in a bowl. Whisk until throughly blended.
- Cover soup mixture with cheese.
- Top with stuffing crumbs and drizzle melted butter.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- *If you're using cooked chicken, bake casserole uncovered for 20 minutes.
Baking time can vary depending on your chicken. If you use full size uncooked chicken breasts, cooking time is approximately 60 minutes.
If you are using smaller and thinner pieces of uncooked chicken, cooking time is approximately 45 minutes.
If you are using rotisserie chicken or leftover shredded chicken, cooking time is approximately 20 minutes.
Just make sure that the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees.