This delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe is so insanely easy that you will be shaking your head saying no way!
You can call it a cookie pie, skillet cookie or just pure heaven!
Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie With Caramel
Why We Love This Thick Cookie
- Kids love to make it as well as eat it!
- It has a layer of soft caramel in the center.
- You can serve it as a fancy looking dessert by adding ice cream and chocolate sauce.
- At your next dinner party with a group of close friends you can put the pan in the center of the table with a few spoons and let everyone dive in.
- It’s delicious both warm and at room temperature.
Optional Tasty Toppings
- A scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Hot fudge
- Coarse sea salt
- Salted caramel sauce
- Chocolate chunks
Ingredients For This Easy Recipe
- Store bought chocolate chip cookie dough
- Caramel Pieces (bits)
- Deep dish cookie pan or a larger cast iron skillet
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheet
- Wooden spoon
- Mixing bowl
How To Make This Incredible Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press half of the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan.
3. Pour caramel bits into a microwave safe medium bowl and add the milk.
4. Microwave on HIGH for approximately 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until the rich caramel is smooth and creamy.
5. Pour the caramel over the dough and smooth with a spoon.
6. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
7. Place the remaining cookie dough on the parchment paper and press it out to an even round layer.
8. Transfer the layer of cookie dough and place on top of the caramel.
9. Bake time 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven using oven mitts. Let stand for 15-25 minutes before serving.
Can I Make My Own Cookie Dough?
You can definitely make your own cookie dough! But if you don’t have the time to pull out the electric mixer with the paddle attachment, a large bowl, and checking to be sure you have all the ingredients then this is the perfect dessert for you!
If you’re looking for a delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe, try this one from AllRecipes: Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe.
What Store Bought Cookie Dough Should I Use?
There are a variety of pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough in the refrigerated section of your local grocery store. Use your favorite one, you just need 32 ounces for the recipe.
You can even use the pre-sliced variety. Press the chocolate chip cookies together to make one large round layer.
Can I Use Caramel Squares Instead Of Bits?
Absolutely! Kraft, Brach’s, and Werther’s all make caramel squares. The melting process and time may be a little different so check out each of their instructions.
You’ll need approximately 10-12 ounces of caramel.
What If I Don’t Have A Cast Iron Skillet?
No worries there! I have made this recipe in an 8 x 8 square baking pan at my sister’s house because she doesn’t own a cast iron skillet. The cookie was just as yummy!
I recommend lining a baking pan with parchment paper for best results.
Love This Recipe? Check Out Some Of My Other Easy Snacks
- Pigs In A Blanket With Whiskey Mustard Sauce
- Easy Cheesy Italian Meatball Sliders
- Delicious Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed With Almonds
- Mini Pecan Raisin Tarts
- How To Make An Easy Rustic Blueberry-Lemon Galette
Easy 3-Ingredient Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie With Caramel
This deep dish dessert is 2 layers of chocolate chip cookie filled with rich caramel and baked to golden brown.
- 36 ounces store bought chocolate cookie dough (I use Nestle Toll House - tub)
- 11 ounces caramel bits (I use Kraft)
- 2 tablespoons milk (regular, low fat, evaporated, heavy cream)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease the bottom of the skillet with cooking spray.
- Press half of the cookie dough into the the bottom of the skillet.
- Pour caramel bits into a microwave safe medium bowl and add the milk.
- Microwave on HIGH for approximately 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until the rich caramel is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the caramel over the dough and smooth with a spoon.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place the remaining cookie dough on the parchment paper and press it out to an even round large cookie.
- Transfer the layer of cookie dough and place on top of the caramel.
- Bake time 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven using oven mitts. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
If you don't have a cast iron skillet, no worries. I have made this recipe in an 8 x 8 square baking pan at my sister's house because she doesn't own a cast iron skillet. The cookie was just as yummy! I recommend lining the baking pan with parchment paper for best results.
Optional Tasty Toppings
A scoop of vanilla ice cream
Coarse sea salt
Salted caramel sauce